Thursday, December 3, 2015

Blog #3- My Favorite Cover

Blog #3- My Favorite Cover

favorite
Vanity Fair, November 2014, Jennifer Lawrence
"Just before her intimate photos were hacked--and splashed across the Web--Jennifer Lawrence posed topless for Patrick Demarchelier for the cover of Vanity Fair's November issue. As part of the accompanying cover story, she decided to break her silence about one of the biggest scandals in Hollywood this year. The Guardian called her salvo "the end of the 'shamed starlet.'" So strong was the outpouring of social-media support for Lawrence's stance that The New York Times reported on the fact "fans took to Twitter to applaud her." Demarchelier's striking photos of the Hunger Games actress also helped spark a thoughtful debate about a woman's right to reveal her body. Lawrence (and the V.F. cover) made her message loud and clear: "It's my body, and it should be my choice."
 


Critique

I like this cover a lot, it shows the beauty of Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer says "It's my body, and it should be my choice." I like that she said that because it relates to society's image of women and men and how they have to change themselves to fit in, instead Jennifer says since its her body that she has a choice on how it should be, which I believe every girl or boy should think. I think the photograph was really good, the lighting was really good and so was the balance of the photograph. I  overall really liked this photograph.





No comments:

Post a Comment