Friday, March 11, 2016

Architecture Preview

Eden Project, United Kingdom


1. Nicholas Grimshaw
2. Construction started in 2000, opened in 2003
3. Located in Bodelva, Cornwall PL24 2SG, United Kingdom
4. It is a visitor attraction.
5. Can't find
6. They were trying to build a pit but due to a lot of rain it was turned into something new. It has had a movie filmed there and many other things.

7. I chose this building because I liked the name of it. I chose it because Eden is supposedly a paradise sort of thing and it sound cool. I also want to go to the UK so it would be cool to find out new things about the UK and things in it.


La Pedrera, Spain
1. Antoni Gaudi and Josep Maria Jujol
2. Opened in Dec. 1910
3. Provença, 261-265, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
4. NOT a visitor attraction
5. can't find
6. It had been built by a couple whose names were  Roser Segimon and Pere Milà. The building has many Christian symbols inside as well.
7. I chose this building because its name sounded cool. I also chose it because it is in Spain 
and so I thought it would be a very pretty building. I like this building because it looks
nothing like the ones in the United States.

Sculptured House, USA 
1. Charles Deaton
2. Built in 1963
3. Genesee Mountain, Jefferson County, Colorado, US
4. NOT a visitor attraction
5. Can't find
6. The architect wanted to find the highest point on this mountain so he'd be able to stand and feel the great reaches of Earth.
7. I chose this one because it is in the United States and I wanted to see what it looked like. I chose this building as well because it is very different from the two buildings I previously used for this assignment. I like the look of the building and that it has lots of windows.

The Ufo House, Taiwan
1. Can't find
2. Built in 1978
3. New Taipei City, Taiwan
4. A visitor attraction
5. cant find
6. Unknown really. Buildings look like ufos and people believe some futuristic being made them.
7. I chose this one mainly because the name. I wanted to know more about it and see if they actually looked like ufos. I also chose this one because it is out of the United States and I was eager to see what Taiwan had made.

Cubic Houses, Netherlands
1. Piet Blom
2. Built in 1977
3. Helmand and Rotterdam, Netherlands
4. NOT a visitor attraction 
5. Can't find 
6. The architect wanted to create a new looking house and give it an urban look.
7. I chose this one because I wanted to see how the buildings looked. I like that the houses look nothing like the ones in the United States. I also like that it is bright and colorful instead of plain brick or wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment