Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Portfolio Analysis- how judges pick winning portfolios and sports photos

Part 1:
a. Nick Adams 
b.sports
c.focus, creating a story, spacing (capture all of a person)
d. fire and silhouettes 
e. I believe the photographer is okay and could really succeed if they listen to the judges problems with the photographs and fix them.
a. Jordan Murph
b. sports
c. creating a story, don't repeat styles of photographs, lighting
d. composition and action
e. I like this photographers beginning photographs but I think the photographer could really succeed if they listened to the judges problems and fixed them.

a. Justin Mott
b. stories
c. focus, telling a story, portfolio building
d.  point of view and emotion
e. I liked this photography but I think they could do better on their focus and portfolio building.

2.
a. The judges liked the use of focus and they also liked composition. The judges liked how they photographer could tell a story and capture emotion in certain photographs.
b. I think the photographer did well with focus and capturing emotion. I think they could really work on not complicating photographs because then the viewer is confused on what the subject is.

3. They go through each contestant and they list/discuss strengths and weaknesses of each person's work. They talk about how well a certain photographer did with a topic and how well they captured each and every picture.

Part 2:

1. Girl in circle pool- I agree with the judges and I like how the photographer captured the subject and the use of shapes throughout the photograph. I also like the lighting, it shows more to the story.

2. Greyhound race image- The judges didn't like the background and how both dogs were cut out of image. I believe the image was very well done and had amazing focus. I think this photograph was very well done to show action.

No comments:

Post a Comment