Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Unusual and Interesting photos

Unusual and Interesting photos
Part 1
        I think that Rhum's work is interesting and makes me think that there is a earthquake. The photo looks as if it is in motion. I think that Rhum took multiple pictures of this photograph but he took each at different angles and merged them all together.
        I think if I did photographs like this I would do the Texas State Capitol Building or the Frost Bank. I would choose these builds because they are well known by most people who live in Austin, Tx. The Texas State Capitol Building and Frost Bank are both located downtown Austin.

Here is pictures of both of them:

Texas State Capitol Building

Frost Bank
If I were to choose these buildings I think I would have easy access because they are both in a populated environment and the Capitol is visited daily by secretaries, lawyers, and tourists. The Frost Bank would probably have easy access as well because it is in an area downtown were you can walk by it with ease and not worry about security guards or police.

This is my favorite photo by Christian Rhum because it has a lot of movement and the picture makes me think there is an earthquake or some shaking movement. I also like the color in this photograph and that there is more than just a building "moving" like his other photographs.

Part 2





Part 3

3 things I think photographers should always remember to do is:

The first thing is find good lighting, some photographs can be good but then the scene is too dark, always make sure your photograph is well lit.
Another thing photographers should always remember is to seek out new angles, take the same photograph from different angles. 
The third thing for photographers to remember is, if you are taking a portrait of a person make sure to have the person show emotion. Emotion can show the type of scene you are trying to create and the viewer can easily understand the topic of emotion. (ex. happy, sad, mad, etc)


Cafe At Night by Vincent Van Gogh


I think the photograph did because the photograph shows meaning to them. This photograph shows the mother and child(on left), the photo is important to the mother because it is the first photograph (most likely) of her and her child. The photograph on the right shows the mother, father, and child, and I think it shows meaning to it as well because it was important to remember the first memory with their child.

I think a painting that would influence me would this one (painting below) because it shows emotion and it looks like the people in the painting are quiet and that it is very calm were they are. I think this painting would influence me to find those quiet moments and capture them to create a bigger meaning. 
Nighthawks by Edward Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment