Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Africa and Abandoned Theme Parks

Africa

1. My reaction to Nick Brandt's trip is I am amazed that he had survived and that he had not died. I learned he has some experience with wild, big animals,(elephants, buffalo, and baboons), and so he knows how the wild animals think in a way. I really like the elephant photograph from the slideshow. I like that it has balance and how by the looks of the elephant it kind of tells the elephant's story.  

2. 
3. I like this photograph because it has an elephant and that's one of my favorite animals. I also like this because it isn't a normal photograph of an elephant, it shows action in it. 

4. I think the rule of photography that was used in this is balance. The photograph looks balanced by the trunk and tusks and then the dust on the right side.

5. He uses a Pentax 67II with only two fixed lenses. This is important because the Pentax 6×7 has its own dual bayonet lens mount, and a wide range of interchangeable Takumar lenses, this makes it easier for when Brandt's taking photographs of wild animals because he doesn't have to be to close to an animal to take the photograph in which using the Takumar lenses it makes his job safer for him.

6. Nick Brandt takes the photographs he takes to show support and hope that these beautiful animals don't become extinct and that it is very sad that the animals are being hunted for their fur, tusks, hides, etc. Brandt wants to show the living beauty of the animal and also the animal in its natural habitat and not in a zoo or circus. 

7. Brandt hopes people will stand up and support the animals that are being hunted. He wants people to see their living beauty and not the "beauty" of being on someone's floor or wall.

8. "But instead of a herd of elephants striding across the grassy plains of Africa, here we see only their remains: the tusks of 22 elephants killed at the hands of man within the Amboseli/Tsavo Ecosystem."

Photo with quote


Abandoned Theme Parks

1. "Takakanonuma Greenland" in Hobara, Japan
I liked to go to this park because it just looks like it is a haunted theme park. It looks like it has beautiful scenery around it and so I'd like to take photographs of that and the abandoned rides. I would also like to bring friends and take photographs with them.

2.
3. 
  • haunted house
  • abandoned farm
  • abandoned neighborhood
  • church
  • abandoned factory
4.

I would like to take photographs here because I could take photographs of the abandoned farms and the wild life around it. I would like to adventure around the area and see new angles to take my photographs. I would also like to take photographs at this abandoned farm because of the beautiful scenery around it. 

5. If I went to this abandoned farm I would take a tripod and a few different lenses to get a photograph up close and one showing more the landscape. I would pack light and carry a backpack with food, camera bag with lenses in it, water, and extra warm clothes. I would also first check out if I need to sign any papers to take photographs or go on the land.


No comments:

Post a Comment